Add To Favorites

Community residents encouraged to apply for city board positions

Enid News & Eagle - 10/22/2023

Oct. 22—Enid News & Eagle

City of Enid is seeking community residents interesting in applying for positions on a number of boards.

Open positions include:

—ADA Access Board: City is seeking an Enid resident with a disability who can offer insights into accessibility matters.

—Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Funding Commission: This position is open to any Enid resident who wants to participate in decisions regarding the city's CDBG funding awards.

—Construction Board of Appeals: Multiple positions are available for licensed electrical contractors or journeymen, licensed mechanical contractors or journeymen, licensed plumbing contractors or journeymen, building contractors, registered design professionals who also are registered architects and registered design professionals with structural engineering experience.

—Historic Preservation Commission: Positions are open for an attorney, licensed real estate broker and registered architect to help preserve Enid's historical heritage.

—Metropolitan Area Planning Commission (MAPC): Applicants need to have been a resident of Enid for the past three years.

—Public Library of Enid and Garfield County Board of Directors: Open position for a resident of Enid who is enthusiastic about shaping the future of the public library.

To apply for any board position, go to and select apply to fill out an application. Those who have questions or need assistance can reach out to the city clerk at the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Municipal Complex, 401 W. Garriott, or call (580) 616-7274. Applications will be accepted until all vacancies are filled.

Have a question about this story? Do you see something we missed? Do you have a story idea for the News & Eagle? Send an email to


(c)2023 the Enid News & Eagle (Enid, Okla.)

Visit the Enid News & Eagle (Enid, Okla.) at

Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.

Nationwide News