Visiting Nurse Association of Colorado
information provided by: the DRCOG Area Agency on Aging
Provides a variety of services of in-home services for seniors in Colorado. Services include:
- VNA Home Care: Professionals support patients’ health by evaluating needs and developing an individualized, comprehensive plan of care. Nurses, doctors, social workers and therapists - including speech, occupational and physical - contribute to the patient’s successful recovery from surgery or illness and collaborate to assure the home care experience is positive for the patient and family.
- VNA Wellness Services: Workplace: Helps employers and community organizations to maintain employee and member wellness by providing customized, on-site health assessments by registered nurses. Wellness services include cholesterol, and glucose screenings, blood pressure checks and immunizations for flu as well as tetanus, pneumonia, hepatitis A & B, and TB skin tests.
- Community: Provides a variety of wellness services at community locations, such as recreation centers, churches and community events. Wellness services include cholesterol, and glucose screenings, blood pressure checks and immunizations for flu as well as tetanus, pneumonia, hepatitis A & B, and TB skin tests.
- Seniors: At more than 85 VNA Senior Wellness Clinic sites in the greater Denver area, people age 60 and above are examined by VNA’s registered nurses. Services offered include wellness assessments; foot care; monitoring hypertension, heart disease, diabetes, arthritis, & lung disease; medication education; and referrals to physicians and other community services as needed. Services are fee-based and community supported with individual donations and funds from Mile High United Way.
- VNA Hospice at Home: Options for compassionate, individualized care in the home, at the end of life are provided for those with a diagnosis of six months or less to live. The team of VNA medical professionals, including physicians, nurses and social workers, collaborate with the patient’s physician to develop a plan of care. In addition to managing pain, VNA provides extensive counseling and social service support to address emotional and spiritual aspects of the patient and family coping with a final illness. Fully covered Medicare benefit for all eligible patients and is fully covered by Medicaid and other insurance.
- VNA Personal Care Provider (PCP) and Homemaker Services: Professionals help seniors and those with disabilities maintain independence in their homes. Trained caregivers provide assistance with bathing, grocery shopping, meal preparation, laundry and light housekeeping. VNA’s Registered Nurses supervise all care and work with patients and their families to ensure safety in the home. Services are fee-based and community supported with individual donations and funds from Denver Regional Council of Governments, Mile High United Way, and other funders.
This is a non-profit 501(c) 3. Assistive/adapted features include wheelchair access, designated parking and wheelchair accessible bathrooms.
VNA’s headquarters and administrative offices are open Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm; VNA’s RNs provide in-home patient care 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. Wellness services are available Monday-Friday. PCP and Homemaker services are available Monday-Friday with some Saturday exceptions.
Adams, Arapahoe, Broomfield, Clear Creek, Denver, Douglas, Gilpin, Jefferson.
Call for information.
Medicare, Medicaid, Private Pay, Cash, Check, Credit Card.
Record last updated: Aug 22 2011 2:04PM